Re: Bentonite Contamination

  PIG FEED???

  God, these companies have a lot of nerve.
  Baghouse contents are allowed to be MIXED
  with bottom ash and ESP ash and sent to
  an ordinary landfill. But PIG FEED? That has
  got to take the cake. No wonder the U.S.
  population is at the "dioxin limit"!!!
  These guys are really CRAZY...
  there seems to be a certain kind of bonehead
  "intelligence": turning hazardous waste and
  high-heavy-metal municipal sludge into
  "fertiziler", feeding dioxin-laced baghouse
  waste to pigs, using uranium for bullets...
  there's a kind of "I don't care what the
  consequences are, we're all going to die
  soon anyway" or "I don't want to
  know the consequences" mentality
  about all of this.

  Regarding the bentonite: the feed company claims that
  it was all clean bentonite straight from a mine, not
  re-used bentonite. If any of it was from a baghouse,
  that would explain the presence of dioxins, but
  NOT the large TCDD component of the collection
  of dioxins and furans...
   Regards
  Jon