Re: Brave New World

  > the program.  I have friends whose kids are part of the program.  We
  > differ in opinion on the cash thing.  If what he gives away has value to
  > the recipients, then I consider it philanthropy.  When I give time to
  > the Dallas Habitat for Humanity and the Dallas SPCA, I am not giving
  > them cash, but it still has value.  Do Microsoft products given away

  And the time you give is un-recoverable. Mr. Gates will certainly recover
  his costs by the process of "brain-washing" students to use only microsoft
  products (by giving them away and appearing as this benevolent protrator.

  > have less value because you (or anyone else) do not like Microsoft?  Do
  > you have the same objections with all the giving done by Apple over the
  > years to the education sector?  They certainly benefitted from that

  Yes I do.

  > activity, but I don't think any less of their efforts because of it.

  Yes I do.

  > I think your equating Gates with a heroin dealer is entirely uncalled
  > for.

  Jeez! That sounds familiar... Is there a "Protect Bill Gates" class that I
  missed in school?  In a previous thread this exact same comment was made.
  Follow these links....

  User states his case...
  http://www.essential.org/listproc/am-info/msg00483.html

  Someone complains about the comparison...
  http://www.essential.org/listproc/am-info/msg00488.html

  User refutes complaint by justifying his understanding of the details of the
  comparison.
  http://www.essential.org/listproc/am-info/msg00510.html

                Christopher Pall
  Delphi Programmer & Western Michigan Student (CS)
                   ThinkBiz
                Kalamazoo MI USA
               X97PALL@WMICH.EDU