re: my last post

  After I made my last post I realized that I may have
  sounded down on ISDN.

  Let me say that I strongly support your drive to bring ISDN to
  this country!  Your list has been most useful in understanding
  the intracacies in providing ISDN.  (I am glad we are not striving
  for ADSL attempting 1.5 to 4 Mbps over phone lines (see Inter@ctive
  Feb. 12, 1996,  p. 1 -- account of Dallas suburb trials).  I figure
  if some people are getting those speeds over copper on an "existing
  phone network" -- that a measly 128 Kbps ought to be easy.

  Regards,
     Curtiss

              W. Curtiss Priest, Director, CITS
        Center for Information, Technology & Society
         Voice: 617-662-4044  BMSLIB@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
   Fax: 617-662-6882 WWW: gopher://gopher.eff.org:70/11/Groups/CITS