  To: ttweed@wildrockies.org
  From: Jackie Hunt Christensen <jchristensen@igc.apc.org>
  Subject: Re: xanthene <--> listnames
  Cc: dioxin-l@iatp.org
  Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:46:14 -0600

  In principle, I support the idea of combining the 3 lists but I would
  caution against merely merging the addresses. The dioxin-l list is open
  (hi, Dr. Bill!) and we need to evaluate if that  is the sort of arrangement
  we want. CLosed lists allow for more frank discussion but can be a pain to
  administer, depending upon their size. What exactly did you have in mind?

  Jackie Hunt Christensen
  Food Safety Project Director
  Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
  2105 1st Avenue South
  Minneapolis,  MN 55404
  612-870-3424 (direct line)
  612-870-4846 (fax)