Re: A Microsoft Christmas Carol

  >Oh, come on. Back in the CP/M era, ordinary people simply thought a
  >computer would be overkill for the work they were doing -- but once
  >exposed to computers, they took to them with alacrity.

  Oh, come on yourself, Dan. If you really prefer completely
  keyboard-driven operating systems, use Linux. I understand that
  left-brained people are totally enamored with it.

  No one of us can pretend to know what everyone else on the planet wants
  and needs out of this technology. That's the problem with Microsoft --
  not that they've promulgated any particular operating system paradigm,
  but because they're insisting that one size technology fits all.

  This command line vs. GUI debate is ancient history. Certainly some
  ancient history is relevant -- but some of it just plain over.

  As for Apple removing the "control" key, I honestly don't know what
  you're talking about. I'm pressing it right now, see?

     Mitch Stone
  +---
     Have you paid your Microsoft tax today?

     Boycott Microsoft ** http://www.vcnet.com/bms