Re: Webcasting to the masses

  Bill,

  What I had in mind was more along the lines of a Real Audio broadcast of the
  conference, so people could hear the speakers, and perhaps some arrangement
  for people to send in questions by email.  I don't have any thoughts at all
  about which commercial entity could do it, but MSNBC and Ziff Davis are
  Microsoft investments, so I doubt they would be good choices.

  I have no idea what the essential.org web site can handle, so perhaps
  Caroline, or Jamie Love, could determine if anything can be set up through
  the site they already have for the conference.

  Audrie

  At 03:48 PM 11/1/97 -0500, The Real Estate Cafe wrote:
  >Audrie Krause wrote:
  >
  >> Bill,
  >>
  >> Well, can the Real Estate Cafe help Nader's staff set something up for the
  >> conference?  If so, the person to contact is Caroline Jonah
  >> <caroline@essential.org>.  I'm copying her on this message, since I don't
  >> know if she's on the list.
  >
  >Audrie & Caroline,
  >
  >What would your WISH list be?
  >MSNBC?
  >Ziff-Davis?
  >c/net?
  >WIRED?
  >Netscape?
  >NY Times?
  >CNN?
  >AOL?
  >
  >Does it make sense to do an exclusive arrangement or a "open" format so any
  >potential site--from newspapers online, to consumer organizations, to Netscape
  >or Microsoft could carry the conference?  The answer to that question has major
  >strategic implications:   who is likely to participate, perceived bias,
  >broadcast rights (and fees?).  It is not an exaggeration to say such a
  broadcast
  >would be historic and have a worldwide audience (including Al Gore & Bill
  Gates,
  >whether they attend or not) so Essential Information  should decide wisely.
  The