Re: Return Economics html trivial debate

  ** Reply to note from kclark@computek.net Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:45:56 -0500 (EST)
  > What everyone who opposes MS needs to know is that there are serious and viable computing
  > alternatives to all of MS's products. That is a plain empirical fact. It strikes me as a
  > kind of hypocrisy to use a computer pre-loaded with W95, the Exchange mail system, and the
  > IE browser, but to still consider yourself against MS's hegemony.
  >
  > If you're still using MS products slavishly, you're as much a part of the problem as the
  > solution.
  >
  > We need to have a digital Boston Tea Party!!

  This is where I am too.  The consumer must be told that there are choices (plural).  They
  must be told that the choices are ALL better alternatives than M$-stuff -- right down the
  line.  This is the truth.  M$ has superior marketing and propaganda departments, but those
  departments are not the ones that create the software.  The M$ software departments are the
  most lackluster in the industry.

  --
  Ed
  --