Re: Start me up -Reply

  ** Reply to note from eandrews@star.net Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:59:13 -0500 (EST)
  > It is my current belief why Sun is maintaining tight control of Java is because, should it
  > move too quickly into these forums (which I believe it would like to), it risks loss of a
  > "level playing field" through Microsoft's economic clout and control tactics.

  That is probably exactly correct.  Witness that Micro$oft played host for voting
  representatives of the ISO for two days preceeding the 10/31 vote.  The US representative (&
  others) was wined and dined on the M$ campus in Washington, Redmond -- and then went out to
  vote against Sun caretaking the open standards to Java.  Did M$ buy the vote?  Of course
  they did.

  --
  Ed
  --