what to do with limited time

  wherever you live, you can inform and educate your friends, associates,
  family, community.

  you can draw attention to the issues by organizing regular boycott
  demos...all it takes is one or two people and highly visible
  signs...handout materials are useful.

  you could find out who uses shell oil in your community and then lobby
  those institutions to change to another supplier.

  write the occasional letter to the newspapers about shell oil.

  find others in your community to work with.

  the important thing is to do something, because that will lead to other
  somethings and before you know it, you are involved in the campaign.

  >Thank you immensely for your work towards "better business."  I would love
  >it if you could give some short, sharp, and (forgive me) quick techniques
  >to diseminate inteligently your information to corporations.

  it's not information that corporations lack...it just doesn't fit their
  purpose to account for such "externalities"

  >What I mean is:  Who do I send this information to?  How do I word it?
  >Where do we "hit them where they hurt" as to law and/or information?  How
  >do I manage to get the most "bang for my buck" when it comes to the little
  >time available to try to make a difference.

  there is no silver bullet...organize, act, educate, agitate.

  >This is by NO MEANS to belittle the work of anyone on the listserve!  Bless
  >you with both the time and energy amply shown in all these posts.  Simply,
  >I would like to try to make a difference, but am unable to devote huge
  >amounts of time to the struggle.  This is not great, but it is true of many.

  i spend one hour every month at the busiest corner of my community, with
  large signs and handouts. (signs such as...boycott shell; embargo nigeria;
  no blood for oil; remember saro-wiwa)

  >So, suggestions?  Creative tips?  I want to help, and am realistic about my
  >limitations.
  >
  >Be well all and thank again.

  hoping this helps

  ernie yacub...yacinfo@mars.ark.com

  laichwiltach/komeenook territory
  box 569, cumberland, b.c. canada  V0R 1S0