Re: privacy management companies

  At 10:29 AM 5/11/96 -0400, Dick Mills wrote:
  >Connie Page wrote that she felt that economists undervalue privacy.
  >I'm sure she's right.  Without being paranoid or cynical though,
  >we should also recognize that there are those who would do it
  >strictly for profit, rather than merely neglect.
  >
  >Coincidenally, the following item appeared in my in-basket this
  >morning, just ahead of Ms. Page's article.
  >
  >  COMPUTER INDUSTRY DAILY 5/13/96 reports:
  >  'SRI Consulting futurist Watts Wacker predicted [at an Ameritech
  >  conference] [the development of] "Privacy management companies"
  >  [which] would catalog facts about people then sell them to other
  >  companies.'
  >
  >--
  >Dick Mills +1(518)395-5154    O-   http://www.pti-us.com
  >AKA dmills@albany.net      http://www.albany.net/~dmills

  That's true. These companies buy and sell information about consumers, compiling databases which are invaluable to private investigators and process servers. We use them to track down people who have walked out on their responsibilities, locate heirs and owners, and determine the validity of claims.

  Yes, I do it for profit. What's the problem?

  Bill Fason
  Serves You Right Civil Process & Investigations
  1436 W. Gray #272
  Houston TX 77019
  713/524-4767
  SLN A-08111