Accounting for Disclosures (what happens to purged records?)

  Now that Bob Gellman has decided that discussions about who is the most
  venal should be ended, perhaps I can ask a question about an something
  else, the last topic discussed last Friday at the AHIMA meeting.  This
  concerns the "accounting for disclosures" section of S. 1360 (Sec. 112).
  I would appreciate persons such Deirdre or others who worked on the bill
  if they could expand somewhat on three points.

  1.     Why do we have a requirement that trustee's keep records of
         disclosures?

  2.     Should trustees be allowed (or encouraged) to purge records?

  3.     If records are purged, what happens to the record of the
         disclosure?

    Jamie

  James Love, love@tap.org
  P.O. Box 19367, Washington, DC 20036; v. 202/387-8030; f. 202/234-5176
  Consumer Project on Technology; http://www.essential.org/cpt/cpt.html
  Taxpayer Assets Project; http://www.essential.org/tap/tap.html