"PCBs linked to rise in lymph cancers"

  SCIENCE NEWS on-line has a very interesting article about National Cancer
  Institute research which found that patients w/ >1050 ppb of PCBs in their
  blood had a 4.5 times greater risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma than folks w/
  250-650 ppb. (Does anyone know what's considered "background"? The article
  didn't say.)

  Check it out for free, if you have web access, at
  http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc97/8_9_97/fob1.htm. I don't subscribe to
  the hard copy so I don't know if it's there, too. I *think* it is. Vol.
  152, Number 6, August 9, 1997 issue.

  Jackie Hunt Christensen
  Food Safety Project Director
  Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
  2105 1st Avenue South
  Minneapolis,  MN 55404
  612-870-3424 (direct line)
  612-870-4846 (fax)