EU Mulls PVC Phaseout

  >From Chemical Week, 7/16:

  "The European Commission is considering a total phaseout of polyvinyl
  chloride (PVC) throughout the European Union (EU).  "Originally we
  discussed a phaseout of some PVC or a total phaseout of PVC in cars.
  We now recognize there are problems in other areas," commission
  environment directorate aide Peter Jorgensen tells CW.  "I don't want
  to specify how or when [the phaseout will be implemented], but I can
  clearly confirm a strong commitment on the commission's side," he
  says.
  Charlie Cray
  Greenpeace US Toxics Campaign
  847 W. Jackson Blvd., 7th floor