Re: oil inputs to paper?

  Jon:

  At the risk of having you attempt to set me straight, I will point out only
  one recent error.

  It is patently not true that burning wood <<produces only the dioxin from
  herbicide residue combustion>>.

  Please check the postings on this list in the last month or so for at least
  two or three references to dioxin generation from cellulose and salt,
  including trees soaked in salt water vs. the same trees not receiving that
  treatment.  Also, see Valerie Thomas' article re combustion of petroleum,
  coal, cellulose, unleaded gas and so on.

  I don't want to inconvenience the list with a long colloquy.  Some
  statements, however, play too fast and too loose with the facts.

  Bill Carroll
  Chlorine Chemistry Council