cement kilns

  Someone give me the correct information.

  It is my understanding that dioxin is especially created when cement
  kilns burn hazardous wastes as fuel.
  http://www.envirolink.org/pubs/rachel/rhwn314a.htm

  Are cement kilns required to have the same air pollution controls as
  hazardous waste incinerators?  Are they also required to have injected
  carbon filters, or whatever it is to capture the mercury and dioxin?

  Is the only difference with cement kilns, that the ash/dust which is
  recycled for use in farmers fields, is not regulated as a hazardous
  waste?

  Susan Snow