info on dioxin history - penta tanker accident in 1980's

  Hello,

  Somewhere in my (disorganized) archive of newpaper articles I remember an
  article about a tanker full of pentachlorophenol that spilled several
  hundred thousand
  gallons of it into the Mississippi River, making it one of the largest
  worldwide
  dioxin contamination incidents, if not the largest. Given that penta can
  be
   contaminated with dioxin in the parts per thousand, this would be several
  hundred pounds of TCDD in a single incident. Does anyone remember this
  incident or have any more information about it? In the NY Times, it made
  just
  a picture and a few paragraphs on one of the inside pages, certainly not a
  front-page
  story...

  Thanks
  Jon Campbell (a new subscriber)