Re: Take No Comfort

  If you are right ....and there are at least a few credible people who would agree
  with you .....
  then the interesting question arises as to why DGIV would NOT take action. After
  all, are consumer welfare and competitiveness in Europe not worth fighting for?
  The EC Commission went after NutraSweet (an American company with about a 99%
  market share in artificial sweeteners at the time), for example,  with some vigour
  several years ago, even though the European interests involved were relatively
  extremely  small as I recall (nothing like Boeing v. Airbus). It seems to me that
  one of the issues is that  European interests may forever remain small as long as
  the attitude you suggest prevails, assuming this to be the case.

  Are there any vulnerable areas of European dominance in the USA upon which the US
  DOJ might retaliate if DGIV were to get aggressive on Microsoft?

  HPK

  snip.......

  --
  Howard Knopf
  Perley-Robertson, Panet, Hill & McDougall

  E-Mail: knopfh@perlaw.ca,hknopf@magmacom.com
  WebSite: http://www.perlaw.ca