Re: Missing Brigade (2)

  While I agree with Charles that civility is an issue for participation
  on a list, I would add another issue --  the value of the content.

     I subscribe to some flame fest lists despite the flames, if there are
  sufficient insights offered on the list.

     The important issues in the MS case concern information about current
  conduct and technology, and critical discussion about various remedies.
  Any list with real information on these topics is interesting, to me a
  least.

      I would also point out that it isn't hard for anyone to set up their
  own list.  For example, anyone can buy an AOL or POP3 email account,
  which can be used as a list address.  Off the shelf (free) software can
  forward list mail to a list (netscape mail, eudora, AOL, Pine and many
  other software mail programs do this).  My wife does this for a small
  list on distance education.

       jamie

  --
  James Packard Love