Re: Japan Microsoft Investigation

  Important acts of justice are usually disruptive to society, as is all
  decisive and aggressive action of consequence.

  The only questions should be: are these actions against tying just?  I
  would say yes.

  As for whether they are too late, remember that this is not about just
  Microsoft, this a turning point for our industry.  If it is late, then it
  is 20+ years late.  The worry should not be that government agencies
  around the world are acting late, the worry should be that they are
  acting like a skater on the ice for the first time.  We need firmer, more
  decisive, less amateuristic in their indecision and weakness, government
  agencies.  Especially in the US, where it has been such a problem lately
  in this area that it has even made judges try to throw out settlements
  because they were so obviously without consequence for the wrongdoers.

  We need for Microsoft to become seen as the example not to imitate, not
  for it to be seen as a model of how to skate as far over the edge of the
  law as possible without paying any price that is higher than can be
  afforded as a reasonable business risk worth taking.

  At any rate, such are my personal opinions.  Thanks for keeping us
  informed about developments in Japan.

  Hans