Ida Tarbell

  One heroine in the Standard Oil Case is not mentioned in
  the Mercury News article:  Ida Tarbell.  One of the earlilest muckrakers,
  she wrote a series of magazine articles about Standard Oil
  exposing the company's business practices.   In 1904 she published
  "History of the Standard Oil Company", a book based on the articles.
  Where is our Tarbell?

  Then there was Judge Kennesaw Mountain Landis, who
  levied a 29 million dollar fine against Standard Oil in 1907.
  He later became our first baseball commissioner.

  Last week Judge Jackson uninstalled IE from Windows 95
  himself, with ease.  I wonder if he likes baseball...

  Tod Landis