Re: Undoing Monopoly by E-Mail

  ** Reply to note from cmueller@metrolink.net Tue, 9 Dec 1997 19:15:22 -0500 (EST)
  > After all 270 of us have given the 535 members of Congress our
  > individual experiences and thoughts on the Microsoft monopoly (and its
  > costs to the country), will they know everything we know about it--and
  > everything they need to know to cure it? If not, it'll be our fault. We
  > have the means. We just didn't do our jobs as citizens.

  Has anyone ever sent e-mail to our politicians before?  (If not, why
  not?) What will happen from 100% of them is that you will get an
  automatic form e-mail response telling you that they have been using
  e-mail since before computers existed (grin), but PLEASE include your
  postal address so they can contact you about your e-mail (another form
  letter).  They will also thank you for your concern, and tell you that if
  you are a constituent of theirs (by your postal address) they will indeed
  take your thoughts to heart.

  Now, whether or not they are informed of what was in the e-mail is
  entirely up to the subordinate in charge of compiling and sorting the
  e-mail.

  I don't mean to be cynical about this, or throw a damper on the fire --
  but ya gotta remember of who you are talking about, our POLITICIANS.