Re: What they're up to

  Mitch,

  I question your comparison of Microsoft to AT&T.

  As a communications manager, and a competitor, as a user, I
  have had many problems with AT&T.  Let's look at AT&T a few years
  ago when they were a monopoly.  In my view, AT&T remains the most
  service-minded large corporation in the world.  Their innovations
  are legion.  The highest quality products.  The highest quality
  service.  Perfect?  No.

  Microsoft engages in dishonest and illegal business practices.
  They focus on positioning to kill competition, not on innovation,
  not on quality.  Then they wrap their product with a License
  Agreement which essentially disavows any responsibility for meeting
  specifications, for performance, even for merchantability.

  During the monopoly years, AT&T focus was on making the highest
  quality network in the world.

  Since its encounter with Gary Kildall, Microsoft focus has been on
  body count.

  Gene Gaines
  ggaines@generation.net