RE: AM-INFO digest 28 "FREE"

  ** Reply to note from David@ObjectSoftCorp.com Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:48:41 -0500 (EST)

  Microsoft marketing tactics and Microsoft software have many
  similarities in common with drug pushers and heroin.  I work in
  the drug & alcohol treatment community as well as being a
  computer VAR and technician.  Pushing faulty software on
  unsuspecting users, and then blaming the users for the
  software's problems, causing the users hardship and giving them
  a feeling of helplessness and hopelessness (see Mark Hinds'
  post today) is a remarkable parallel to what goes on with
  pushers (not dealers) and addicts.

  One other thing, telling people to see a psychiatrist is a
  personal attack that is not the mark of a civilized
  conversation.

  --
  Ed
  --