A challenge re-issued.

  On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Charles Kelly, NT*Pro wrote:
  > There are hundreds of products from hundreds of companies. I can pick any
  > one I chose and pay my hard-earned dollars for it. If I don't like what is
  > on my computer I buy a competing product that I do like and (wipe the hard
  > disk) and install whatever I like. Totally my choice.
  >
  > Given that frame of reference, I'm struggling to see how you are "forced."

  Given this assertion, it's telling that neither you nor any of the other
  Microsoft defenders on this list have risen to the challenge of providing
  an example of behaviour that you *would* consider unethical, or worthy of
  legal restraint as an anti-competitive practice, were Microsoft to indulge
  in it.

  I had looked forward to reading the replies to this challenge, but I think
  the deafening silence we've heard on this key point sends an even clearer
  signal.  It seems as though your definition of anti-competitive practices
  extends no further than actually rounding up bands of consumers at
  gunpoint and forcing them to buy your product.
    __
  \/ o\    paul@hedonism.demon.co.uk    \ /
  /\__/ Paul Crowley -+- DATA IS SACRED /~\