Picking the Best Tying Violations, and Kendall Clark's post.

My thinking is that I should pick:

Kendall G. Clark wrote:

Hans,

I'm on the AM-INFO list and have learned a lot from your posts. Two things:

1. What about the fact that the anti-competitive universal pre-loading of MS
operating systems has meant that vendors can sell, often w/out the consumer
knowing the difference, brain-dead devices like Winmodems and Winprinters,
which, even if the consumer comes at some point to break free from MS, don't
work under many other OSs because they are considered non-standard. I guess it
may not be against the law, but it sure does suck and it provides a strong
incentive to prevent people from trying a new OS:  ``you mean I'll have to buy
a new modem and printer...?''

Can you make this argument in more detailed precise logic?
In particular, can you argue that it wasn't the independent hardware vendors but MS that drove this?  I reserve comment for now.

2. If you need help with Web site maintenance or development to organize all
of your evidence, I volunteer to help you. I do all the HTML for my Linux
users group (http://www.ntlug.org/). In fact, I'd be willing to help host the
material if you need that too.

If you are willing to create an account for me,  I'll ftp the web page to ntlug:~reiser/tying.html.  You are welcome to spruce it up to your heart's content, and put your name on it as one of the two maintainers.  I reserve the right to veto/remove content, but you may add content without my prior consent.  Basically I want it to remain focused on legal issues, though links in the section at the end to other am-info related things are fine.

See you at the conference,

Hans