Re: FW: Pendragon "clarifies" Sun's Caffeinmark Claims...

  As specified in the zdnet document:

  >     Analysis by software engineers at Pendragon Software showed that
  > in one of
  >     the 9 CaffeineMark benchmark modules, the Logic test, the
  > Solaris JIT
  >     compiler scored 50 times higher than any other system to date.

  9 modules are part of the test. If the alleged "dirty hands" were NOT
  involved, that would bring the performance down BY about 10% , assuming
  linearity. Does not make much sence that somebody at Sun would  make a
  delibarate decision like this to get a 10% advantage.