What Clinton really needs to hear about the Climate Crisis

  Dear friend,

  The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) sent out yesterday a call for
  immediate faxes to the President about US proposals for the Climate
  conference this December in Kyoto, Japan. The following is my modification
  of the EDF form letter. The first four paragraphs are pretty much verbatim
  from the EDF letter. But as you can see, so much more needs to be said. The
  conspiracy of silence must end, and now is the time for you to speak up. I
  urge you to write the President immediately, and get those in your networks
  to do the same. Feel free to distribute my letter.

  The time for Climate Action is NOW!

  Andy Caffrey, director
  Climate Action NOW!
  P.O. Box 2182
  Berkeley, CA 94702-0182

  PS Sorry for any duplicate postings you might have received. This is the
  only posting we will be sending to you unless you contact us. If you would
  like to be on the Climate Action NOW! e-mail list, or receive the four-page
  Climate Crisis Journal tabloid which we are preparing for the Nov. 1 issue
  of the Earth First! Journal, send an e-mail to me at

  halcarl@rahul.net   (if you send if before Oct. 15)
  ensopro@asis.com  (if you send it after Oct. 15)

  And of course, donations to "Climate Action NOW!" are urgently needed. So
  too is your involvement. Let us know if you want some help.

  If not now, when? If not us, who then?

  EDF's request: