Today's Senate hearing on data exclusivity

  I testified today before the Senate Appropriations subcommittee which
  was considering the proposal to extend Waxman-Hatch data exclusivity for
  an additional 5 years (10 in all), in return for a 3 percent "net"
  royalty on drug sales.  Bristol-Myers Squibb did not testify, and so I
  suggested it was too bad they couldn't explain why cancer patients
  should be required to pay more for their government funded drug.  It
  would appear that the subcommittee will not move this provision in the
  appropriations bill, which is good news.  I will post the testimony,
  which was written in about 3 hours, in a bit.  Jamie

  --
  James Love | Center for Study of Responsive Law
  P.O. Box 19367 | Washington, DC 20036 | http://www.cptech.org