Need citations on violations of confidentiality

  I would like to solicit information on violations of  confidentiality/
  security that lead to the wrongful release or use of private medical data.

  I am providing background for a panel on the implementation of possible
  legislation and I would like the technology participants to understand the
  background to the legislative efforts.

  The cited incidents should have been published in public documents,
  newspapers, other media or court records.  Polemics are not evidence.

   LL

  Lewis Lorton, Executive Director
  Healthcare Open Systems and Trials
  HOST@sso.org
  444 North Captol, NW
  Suite 414
  Washington, DC 20001
  tel   202/434-4771   fax  202/434-4766

  Home page
  http://host.scra.org

  Program Home Pages
  Healthcare Information Infrastructure Technology Program
  --http://host.scra.org/hiit.html
  Healthcare Information Technology Enabling Community Care --
   	http://host.scra.org/hitecc.html
  DIRECT ADDRESS
  llorton@shell.portal.com
  10096 Hatbrim Terrace
  Columbia,  MD 21046
   direct 410-715-1181     direct fax 410-992-7060