Public Service Hearing - MD

  this forwarded to me, regarding MD. jamie

  >Date: 5 May 1996 10:41:15 GMT

  On Monday, May 6, the Maryland Public Service Commission is
  holding one of several hearings on "Alternative Forms of
  Regulating Telephone Companies" in Rockville in the 3rd floor
  Council Room of the Council Bldg at 100 Maryland Avenue
  (across from the library).  Bell Atlantic is contending that
  now that we have competition, no further regulation is
  necessary; they should be allowed to charge whatever the market
  allows both to customers and competitors who want to use their
  lines.  So far, prior hearings have been attended only by BA
  shills and a few librarians.  Anybody who would like to testify
  on this issue is urged to attend. The hearing is at 7:30 p.m.