Re: HAS ISDN'S TIME COME AND GONE? from Edupage

  >Experience on a 1.5 Mbps line ...
  The backbone. Perhaps. I regularly get 1 Mbps from major sites, even
  overseas to this machine.  For example, sun.com, major archive sites, etc.
  And I've seen little time-of-day sensitivity.

  Someone at the other end with a web page on an ISP -- that's a different
  matter.  Slow, slow, slow.  I believe all ISP's are oversubscribed
  in all but semi-rural areas.   Anything above 9600 baud with these guys
  is a waste of modem speed.

  Regards,
   Curt

              W. Curtiss Priest, Director, CITS
        Center for Information, Technology & Society
           466 Pleasant St., Melrose, MA  02176
         Voice: 617-662-4044  BMSLIB@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
   Fax: 617-662-6882 WWW: http://www.eff.org/pub/Groups/CITS