Re: Microsoft and BACP

  James Love wrote:

  > I guess Microsoft calls it: Bandwidth Allocation Control Protocol (BACP).
  >
  >    Is this a common industry term?  it is very briefly defined on the MS
  > Web page as:
  >
  > Bandwidth Allocation Control Protocol (BACP)
  >     The set of rules that manage bandwidth over PPP dynamic
  > multilink connections.

  Oh, please, it's *not* Microsoft. They can't network their way out of a
  paper bag! :)

  BACP is a product of the PPP Working Group, of the Internet Engineering
  Task Force. Their drafts can be viewed on nic.ddn.mil, ds,internic.net,
  and other hosts. To find the specific paper I am talking about go to:

  	http://ds.internic.net/ds/dsintdrafts.html

  and enter BACP for the search key. In the search results I got, I selected:

  	draft-ietf-pppext-bacp-02.txt   /ftp/internet-drafts/

  and was then viewing the BACP document with this title:

  	PPP Working Group                                         Craig Richards
  	Internet Draft                                         Shiva Corporation
  	expires September 1996                                       Kevin Smith
          	                                     Ascend Communications, Inc.
                  	                                              March 1996

  	              The PPP Bandwidth Allocation Protocol (BAP)
          	  The PPP Bandwidth Allocation Control Protocol (BACP)
                  	     draft-ietf-pppext-bacp-02.txt

  Now you know how to fish! Enjoy!

  --
  Andrew C. Esh			mailto:andrew_esh@cnt.com