Massachusetts ISDN users

  I am having very bad experiences with Nynex over my ISDN line.

  When I requested my ISDN line, back in early february, and they finally
  got around to taking my order, they asked my if I wanted two voice
  channels. I hadn't heard this was possible, but it seemed like a good
  idea: maybe there was a way to bond them together and do 112K. But no ISP
  supported this yet, but I said sure. Cool.

  Two months later, I finally get my ISDN line. I get my ISDN TA (Bitsurfr
  Pro) and I am merrily on my way down the information superhighway, at
  56K, just waiting for my ISP to offer me dual-channel. Yippee.

  Then I get the bill. They've given me 1 Data, 1 Voice channel. That is
  bad news. But what's even worse is, the entire time I thought I was using
  the voice channel, I was using the data channel. The voice channel is
  flat rate, the data channel is measured rate. So you can imagine what
  kind of bill I received. Over $700 of usage charges for less than a
  month. I call up Nynex's ISDN people and infrom them of their mistake.
  First, they claim that such a 2-voice channel configuration doesn't
  exist. Then, they claim that it's a special assembly, which will cost me
  $50 more for install and an additional $5/mo. That's no big deal. But
  they were not offering to adjust the measured rate charges, but the
  service representative would check with her boss and get back to me. I
  wait and wait, leave many messages at Nynex DSG (ISDN people), finally
  get frustrated and call up the regular business office. They say I can't get
  this 2-voice channel line. So I am up a tree. I can't afford this phone
  bill. I won't pay it, they'll have to shut me off. But I'll appeal it to
  the DPU before I let that happen.

  Has anyone else had such problems? How did you resolve them? Does anyone
  on this list have such a 2-voice configuration? How did you get it?

  I hope Bell Atlantic will fix Nynex, because I have just about had it.
  I'd just blow off the bill, but it's in my girlfriend's name for security
  purposes and I don't want to leave her with the bill.