[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Computer virus WARNING
- To: "NW Waste List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Computer virus WARNING
- From: email@example.com (Vivien Mountford)
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 22:37:24 +0000
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Rebecca@intake.demon.co.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, I.S.Welch@ncl.ac.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, <email@example.com>
Please, NO DEBATE this time - either action this warning or ignore it.
Personally I would recommend operating the precautionary principle!
However, if you personally decide to ignore this warning, that's your
choice, but please leave others to decide for themselves whether the risk to
them is worth it.
"Too many 'impossible' things have already been achieved by viruses this
year, to discount ANY possibility" - that's what my husband says, from
extremely bitter experience, on a site which has the most uptodate virus
protection but still gets repeatedly devastated by ever more sophisticated
viruses (and in every case this year, they were transmitted via emails!).
End of lecture. NO REPLIES PLEASE, I've other things to do.
>>>> > If you receive an e-mail titled "JOIN THE CREW" DO
>>>> > NOT open it! It will erase EVERYTHING on your hard drive! Send
>>>> > this letter out to as many people you can....this is a new virus
>>>> > and not many people know about it! This message was received
>>>> > morning from IBM, and the Army National Guard, please share it
>>>> > anyone that might access the Internet.
>>>Jacob A. Ozadovsky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
>>>Diasoft Co. DiasoftBANK project
>>>Head of support department.
>>>Russia, 129085, Moscow, 3a Olminskogo pr.
>>>phone (095)-232-3594, fax (095)-286-0573