[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Background Dioxin Levels?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Background Dioxin Levels?
- From: "Rebecca Leighton Katers" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:13:46 +0000
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Priority: normal
- Return-receipt-to: "Rebecca Leighton Katers" <email@example.com>
I was just told by an FDA policy person that
recent information shows that dioxin background
levels range from 2 to 3 ppt.
This seemed awfully high to me, so I questioned
him and asked if he meant background
in the food supply or natural background in the
soil --- and he said natural background in soil.
He said that the 1 ppt limit for the chicken
recall and fish farms was simply their limit of detection,
not a regulatory number.
Can anyone recommend key documents which show natural
background levels are lower?
Rebecca Leighton Katers
Clean Water Action Council of N.E. Wisconsin
2220 Deckner Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54302