Plastimet- It keeps getting worse!

  Hello!

  This is follow-up to the recent press release we received from Charlie Cray
  of Greenpeace.  I just finished watching the Hamilton news.  A reporter
  interviewed the head of the west central region of the Ontario Ministry of
  Environment and Energy, Mr Hardy Wong.  When asked why the MOEE was
  withholding dioxin testing results, Mr. Wong replied that they were doing
  no such thing.  He continued by explaining that, in fact, they had results
  back that showed dioxin readings at the site that are even higher than
  those measured by Greenpeace - "54,000 ppt to be exact".  This more than
  doubles the amounts measured by Greenpeace, and should, I hope, shake our
  government officials into action!

  The MOEE's results are to be presented at a community meeting this coming
  Thursday night.  I will be attending that meeting and will keep anyone
  interested informed of the sort of information and analysis government reps
  provide us with.

  Lynda Lukasik