[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A bit of history, for those new to the anti-dioxin move
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: A bit of history, for those new to the anti-dioxin move
- From: "Rebecca Leighton Katers" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:41:22 +0000
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Priority: normal
- Return-receipt-to: "Rebecca Leighton Katers" <email@example.com>
Regarding the question of a possible dioxin and asthma link:
My understanding is that asthma is more than just
a response to air pollutants entering the lungs.
It's the result of an immune system malfunction.
While evidence of a direct breathing response to
dioxin may not be in the literature --- dioxin
and other chlorinated organics are suspected of
damaging the immune system.
Isn't it possible that dioxin's damage to the immune
system is making people more vulnerable to
developing an asthma response to other
Rebecca Leighton Katers
Clean Water Action Council of N.E. Wisconsin
2220 Deckner Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54302