Re: GP sampling

   Sam,

  I think you have it all wrong. These are the same
  companies that
  have conspired to keep the public in the dark about the
  dangers
  of Agent Orange and 2,4,5-T. Documented cases. That was
  not that long ago; they have not reformed. Again, I
  applaud Greenpeace
  for finding a way to get the actual waste samples,
  whether
  they had to do it in dark of night or at the front
  office.

  Companies and government agencies who are fixed on the
  righteousness
  of the status quo HATE direct analysis of REAL data,
  because
  REAL data often shows that their modeling and
  assumptions
  are fallacious. They would much rather keep things
  theoretical.
  That's the ESSENTIAL difference between health
  assessments
  (what has happened) and risk assessments (in which you
  make
  a judgement that it's OK to kill one person per million
  exposed
  according to theoretical calculations of exposure). The
  risk
  assessors job is, to quote Peter Montague, to keep the
  trains
  to the death camps running on time.

  This is a silly debate. Let's get on with the work of
  eliminating
  dioxins and PCBs from the biosphere.

  Jon