Re: GP sampling

  Sam,

  Please wake up and smell the dioxin. If the wastes are
  taken to a rotary kiln incinerator, they most certainly make
  it to the air because ALL ROTARY KILN INCINERATORS
     HAVE ESCAPE VENTS (the DUMP STACK)
  WHICH ARE NOT MONITORED. If they are burned in
  a cement kiln, they most certainly make it to the air
  because CEMENT KILNS CANNOT BE TUNED TO
  HAVE EXTREMELY HIGH DESTRUCTION and REMOVAL
  EFFICIENCY! (Their parameters are rather rigid for highest
  quality cement production, not designed to be
  tunable for burn efficiency and cleanliness for every
  kind of fuel they are burning)

  If you are a toxic waste expert, you should know this. If you
       are not a toxic waste expert, then don't make statements
  that lead people to believe you are.

  You are comparing the activities of an organization
  committed to the environment and the continued
  habitability of the planet, who sometimes need to
  break the law to get the information they need,
  with companies that have purposely hidden important
  data from the public and have made deals with the
  EPA administrators to do so. I find that comparison
  appauling. Greenpeace's activities are not "Black Bag
  Jobs". I already stated that there were times when
  higher laws take precedent.

  Why are you so concerned what Greenpeace does?
  Whether Greenpeace got their samples by scaling a fence
  or politely asking Dow, etc. to let them scoop it up is
  really immaterial. They have not harmed the companies'
  property, or stolen data so it cannot be used. They
  have not threatened anyone. They merely
  made public what should rightly be public, and I frankly
  don't care if they broke trespass laws in order to do that.
  "Black Bag" jobs are done to threaten, harass, and steal
  data to make it unavailable for use. Greenpeace was
  doing the opposite - sharing data that would normally be
  kept secret!

  I CONGRATULATE them for doing what was necessary!
  Civl disobedience is NOT always public and it needn't
  be!

  It will be fascinating to see what
  Dow and others say at the Dioxin Conference regarding
  dioxin contamination of their end waste and whether
  it matches what Greenpeace found...

  Please let's focus on what we need to do to ELIMINATE
  DIOXIN EXPOSURE WORLDWIDE, which I believe is
  the focus of this mail list (or if it isn't, it ought to be...).

  Regards
  Jon Campbell