Re: let's build a unified movement, not fight each other

  Letters-to-the-Editor could be very effective,
  especially if they carry a lot of proven LOCAL
  data from agency monitoring reports, actual
  permits,  and the EPA's Toxic Release Inventory.
  Short and unemotional letters work best --- "Just the Facts."
  Funny or ironic analogies also work.   We try to avoid
  personal or nasty digs.

  It's also important to acknowledge worker safety and
  health issues, and to let workers know we're not trying to
  destroy the economy or throw them out of work.

  Tens of thousands of people can be reached all at
  once.   I think it's one of the most effective
  (and cheap) education tools available.

  We have a statewide list of papers we send
  occasional letters to --- and a significant
  percentage DO print the letters if the topic has
  statewide interest.

  We would be happy to participate in a national
  monthly letter effort.

  Becky Katers
  2220 Deckner Avenue
  Green Bay, WI  54302