Re: Antitrust Bill of Rights

  As it happens, I recently drafted my own version of the "ideal" antitrust
  law.  This law is intended for both developed and transition economies.

  My co-author and I believe that antitrust laws should prevent restraints
  that artificially  restrict the choices that the free market otherwise
  would offer to consumers.  Consumer protection laws, by contrast, should
  ensure that consumers can make a free and informed choice among the
  options that the free market provides to them.

  We published a detailed version of this approach, with supporting
  arguments, in the latest issue of the Antitrust  Law Journal, and at the
  end include a model statute that is built around our loadstar of consumer
  choice.  We believe that it is a better approach than the existing US
  (Sherman Act or FTC Act) or EC approaches.

  I would be delighted to send you - or anyone else reading this message - a
  copy of our article.  Would you mind sending me your mailing address?  We
  could perhaps modify, exerpt, or reprint our article for your journal if,
  after reading our article, you believe this would be appropriate.

  Bob Lande