  Subject: Re: 1/3d "Concealed"?
  Author:  ward1@ux6.cso.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
  Date:    10/21/97 12:03 PM

  Possibly spam avoidance.  Spammers often mine discussion group lists to
  develop lists of email addresses.  I subscribe to two lists whose
  listservers do not permit subscribers to uncover the names and email
  addresses of subscribers for just this reason.  Since posters reveal
  themselves, this only protects lurkers.

  Mike Ward

  At 11:20 AM 10/21/1997 -0400, you wrote:
  >        This list now has 156 subscribers--with 105 of them "non-concealed"
  >and 51 "concealed."
  >
  >        Who would want to "conceal" their membership in this list?  Is there
  >something subversive about it that can be hazardous to one's career?
  >
  >        Charles Mueller, Editor
  >        ANTITRUST LAW & ECONOMICS REVIEW
  >        http://webpages.metrolink.net/~cmueller

  Michael R. Ward                                   (217) 244-5667
  Dept. of Ag. and Consumer Econ.                   ward1@uiuc.edu
  University of Illinois          http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/ward1