Re: ABC News publishes a piece of Microsoft FUD

  > And another thing, it's amazing to hear one after another gasp of astonishment that a
  > corporate entity is, oh my god, ACTING IN IT'S OWN SELF INTEREST!!!!
  >
  > Whaddya expect, Santa Clause???

  Yep, this is why government intervention is sometimes necessary to preserve competition and preserve
  such rights as privacy, which MS has no interest in protecting.

  > If there are going to be any changes, you'll have to address that fact of life and accept it
  > as a given. Any new laws or government enforced restructuring, such as dividing a

  No. I do not have to accept anything as a given. That's the whole point of being an activist, is to
  change what is accepted as a given.

  > common carrier from the content, is going to have to be crafted so that an entity can
  > persue that natural 'survival instinct' to promote itself and it's products, and ensure it
  > doesn't resort to slander or other means of illegally harming existing or potential competitors.

  I don't know how well the content from carrier argument will hold up. It sounds pretty good to me,
  but it still doesn't prevent MS from buying and incorporating competing technologies into their
  framework and letting it die...

                         Christopher Pall
          Delphi Programmer & Western Michigan Student (CS)
                            ThinkBiz
                         Kalamazoo MI USA
  email:X97PALL@WMICH.EDU               Website:WWW.ILI.NET/~pallc
                           ICQ#:4287896