Re: Part of the Microsoft Agreement

  On Sun, 7 Dec 1997 23:48:55 -0500 (EST), Christopher Pall wrote:

  >When you download MS IE this is part of the agreement you click on. I
  >couldn't make this stuff up! I think Microsoft should include this
  >message along with the sale of NT while replacing Java with NT whereever
  >it occurs. This is just in poor taste.
  >
  >7. NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT.  The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may contain support for
  >programs written in Java.  Java technology is not fault tolerant and  is
  >not designed, manufactured, or intended for use or resale as on-line
  >control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe
  >performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft
  >navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life
  >support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of Java
  >technology could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe
  >physical or environmental damage.

       What a joke!!!  Hell, it looks more to me like they misplaced the
  disclaimer that *SHOULD* have come with windoze itself.  Windoze
  shouldn't be used for any of the above environments either...what
  nerve!!!

   ...Cheers,

   ...Norm

  * Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
  * For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
  * with "send pub_key" in the subject          *