Re: Nation piece

  On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:12:34 -0500 (EST), Pieter Nagel wrote:

  >Microsoft is on trial, not because of the quality of its software (a
  >lot of it *is* good), but because of bussines practices. Microsoft is
  >on trial, not because Win NT is less stable than OS/2 or Linux, but
  >because of how they market it. Microsoft is on trial, not because
  >they are supposedly the root of all evils in the computer world, such
  >as consumers making ill-informed choices, but because the are
  >illegally leveraging a monopoly.

       And don't forget that it's an illegally obtained monopoly too.  M$
  was able to build their OS monopoly by using illegal OEM contracting
  that in essence kept all the competition from having their products
  preloaded by retailers.  Without those years of M$ getting away with
  the 'cpu tax' we wouldn't need to be discussing this today.

   ...Cheers,

   ...Norm

  * Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
  * For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
  * with "send pub_key" in the subject          *