Re: Tell me if I'm crazy.

  Feeling paranoid? Most techonology columnists I've read have come down on the
  side of annexing any type of control of the internet for various reasons.

  1) Pain in the butt
  2) HTML isn't the only protocol on the internet, frequently it's the only type
  admins think of restricting
  3) It's the same thing as peeking through email, or restricting where you make
  phone calls to (excepting long distance phone cause we all know those cost
  bucks)
  4) This is the old parenting method of getting employee's to work. Well if I
  take the toy away from them, they'll do their work right? No... they'll just
  walk over to their "cube"-mate and bother them. Duh....

  My argument is... if they aren't finishing their work... Fire them! That's why
  you made them non-union in the first place.

  Anyway, the reason why I found this shocking wasn't the admin idea so much as
  the ad that I saw leading to it... It said...

  "RULE THE INTERNET WITH AN IRON FIST". (I am not joking) What effective BS
  propganda/marketing. Marketing for those weanie suit types who don't know the
  first thing about management, but make all the decisions.

  http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ieak/