RE: Moderately improved map of Microsoft tying evidence

  On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, David E. Y. Sarna wrote:
  >Then we can take this non-issue off
  >the table.

  Mr. Sarna,

  You've been consistently defending MS at, it would seem, all costs since your
  business appears to rely solely on MS, or so you've given the impression.

  First, how can we take anything you say at face value? You have a direct
  financial stake in MS's continued dominance. Your credibility is a little
  strained, I should think. Many of us who oppose MS are not at all
  financially-dependent on MS. I for one manage to be very productive in my job
  without ever using a scrap of MS software.

  I'm not attacking you personally since I don't know you at all, but I do know
  what you've said on this list about your company and it's dependence on MS
  continued good will. Based on that, it's really difficult to take your avowals
  at face value.

  Second, let's leave it up to you: what issues ought to be ``on the table'' on
  a mailing list devoted to appraising MS.

  I'd like to hear from a MS defender if there is ANY thing that MS does that
  you think that oughn't to do. As I said in an earlier post, is there anything
  even CONCEIVABLE that MS could do to make you re-assess your support?

  Well...?

  Best,

  	Kendall G. Clark