Different cars?

  I think that the basic components should have some sort of "agreed on"
  basis for operation, so that no matter what type of computer you are using
  or OS you want to use, everyone can travel down the same highway...

  It's then up to the consumer what kind of car he/she wants: what kind of
  options, what sort of attachments, how much power, etc...

  Yes, I realize this is very simplistic,

  I just don't think I like the models that the Gates Car Lot has to offer...

  Jodi Burt
  jemb@mindspring.com