Re: Microsoft vs. Justice Department

  On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 moonwolf@earthling.net wrote:

  > ** Reply to note from machan@chapman.edu Sun, 2 Nov 1997 05:46:43 -0500 (EST)
  >
  > "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any
  > price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
  > to assure the survival and success of liberty."
  >
  > -John F. Kennedy
  >
  > Sometimes the greatest enemy to the survival and success of liberty is masquerading as
  > ourselves.

  Please, speak for yourself and do not refer to "ourselves" when doing so.
  I see nothing wrong at all with Microsoft bundling its services and wares
  and I also am reasonably certain that the company has the basic right to
  do this and anyone banning such activities on anyone's part is merely
  trying to have his or her way imposed on the rest of us.  If I want to
  sell my car on the condition that the purchaser also buys my horse and
  house and shoes, that is my business.  I own the car and the horse and the
  house and the shoes, so I am morally entitled to set the terms of trade,
  not a bunch of people who simply would wish for me to set terms they like.
  That is what freedom means, not this contorted thing spoken of in this
  post.

  Tibor Machan