West/Thomson sale

  Today the Department of Justice confirmed that they have been approached
  by West and Thomson, who are apparently seeking a "non action" letter on
  the Thomson purchase of West.  We are trying to get better information
  from DOJ regarding the proceedures for providing comments in opposition to
  the sale.  We recommend that persons who beleive that such a merger would
  result in anticompetitive problems contact the Department of Justice
  quickly, with specific information about areas where the two companies
  are currently competitors, and how the merger would reduce competition and
  harm consumers.

  These letters should be faxed to 202-514-0306, and be addressed to

  Anne K Bingaman
  Assistant Attorney General
  Antitrust Division
  US Department of Justice
  Washington, DC 20530

  and

  Carl Shapiro
  Deputy Assistant Attorney General
  Antitrust Division
  US Department of Justice
  Washington, DC 20530

  We would appreciate copies of the correspondence, via fax at
  202/234-5176, email at love@tap.org, by post, at P.O. Box 19367,
  Washington, DC 20036

  jamie
  James Love, love@tap.org
  P.O. Box 19367, Washington, DC 20036; v. 202/387-8030; f. 202/234-5176
  Consumer Project on Technology; http://www.essential.org/cpt/cpt.html
  Taxpayer Assets Project; http://www.essential.org/tap/tap.html